Gibbs & Cox Australia (GCA) is an engineering firm that values our staff, contractors and clients. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Gibbs & Cox, Inc., one of the world’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firms. We enjoy a worldwide reputation for engineering excellence and focus on supporting customer outcomes in the naval sector.
We are building our presence in Australia, and are currently supporting major Australian naval projects with advisory services across a range of technical and programmatic areas. Most of the consulting and contractual work we provide is carried out in our clients’ offices. With that in mind, we need a mature, self-starting office Administrator capable of executing a number of critical roles to the business, our employees and contractors in fulfilling our contractual obligations and building our business.
We are looking for an experienced and confident person who is interested in a flexible and diverse job opportunity in a growing company. This position would suit someone who has considerable experience in office administration, bookkeeping and document management. This is a full-time position reporting directly to the Director Corporate Services. The role is based in our office in Manuka, Canberra, ACT.
You will have the following characteristics:
- Set a high quality standard for yourself, and exercise close attention to detail
- A positive attitude with no job too big or small
- A desire to contribute to the success of the organisation
- Clear and professional communication skills
- A customer service approach
- An ability to prioritise across a wide range of active tasks, and strong task accountability
- Basic bookkeeping skills and accounts management
- Familiarity with the Defence environment, including security requirements
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint (strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are an advantage)
- Experience with Xero or similar accounting package is an advantage
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
Your duties will include:
- General administration and office Administration tasks to facilitate the operations of the business
- Bookkeeping (data entry, accounts payable and accounts receivable; payroll)
- Provide administrative support and services to the business and staff as required
- Assist in area of HR – compiling data relating to CV’s and HR and co-ordinating the onboarding process of new hires.
- Support travel claims and travel reconciliation
- Liaising with Suppliers/Customer via phone and email as required
- Assisting with Web and Media Management
On offer is:
- Be part of an exciting and growing company
- An opportunity to apply your skills and experience to make a difference in the business
- Scope for broadening responsibility as you demonstrate your capabilities
- An attractive salary package is on offer for the successful candidate
- Free onsite parking
- A very flexible work environment
Please submit CVs with a covering note outlining your circumstances and interests to firstname.lastname@example.org.