Gibbs & Cox Australia (GCA) provides world-leading naval and marine engineering expertise for Australia’s maritime enterprise. Our vision is a vibrant, sustainable, sovereign Australian shipbuilding, design and maritime enterprise.
GCA is a subsidiary of Gibbs & Cox, Inc., an international leader in naval ship design, providing naval engineering and design services on a range of major combatant and surface autonomy programs. Based in Arlington, VA, Gibbs & Cox has a proud history of excellence, serving naval, government, commercial, and private marine clients since 1929. GCA leverages support from Gibbs & Cox’s international network of expertise to offer world’s best practice in naval ship design and engineering.
In Australia, we operate a select, highly skilled, internationally diverse engineering team, providing engineering and design advisory services to Australia’s naval programs. Our team holds expertise across acquisition program management, naval architecture, marine engineering, systems engineering, integrated logistics support, and engineering consulting.
We are currently seeking a Business Development Engineer, to support a range of activities in defining and managing opportunities, supporting definition of client needs, and developing design concepts related to those needs. This role requires adaptability, agility, creativity, and excellent stakeholder engagement skills to explore and develop possibilities.
For this role we are seeking an engineer with the following characteristics:
- Passionate about the naval sector and the development of Australia’s sovereign naval engineering capabilities
- Engineering creativity and imagination
- 3D modelling skills
- A positive, customer-focussed, committed attitude, with high professional standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work energetically and consistently under limited direction, with a sense of urgency and commitment to working against planned timelines
- The current right to work in Australia, and hold an NV1 or secret-equivalent security clearance from a 5-EYES nation
The following additional characteristics would be a significant advantage in the role:
- Strong knowledge of and interest in autonomous systems
- Significant experience in the naval engineering community
- Good commercial instincts and interest in creating business opportunity
- Ability to collaborate with and coordinate work across a complex stakeholder group with divergent interests
This opportunity is directed towards candidates who are ready to make a commitment to the role and their career in a situation where they can develop within a highly capable team. A particular level of experience is not specified, and candidates should express their skills and capabilities related to the position, however experience in related roles is highly valued.
Remuneration will be attractive for the right candidate and will be agreed based on expertise and capability. The role is based in Canberra, and a comprehensive relocation package will be offered to support candidates relocating to Canberra where required.
Please submit CVs with a covering note outlining your circumstances and interests to email@example.com.