|Position Type:||Full Time|
Gibbs & Cox, Inc., the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firm is seeking a well qualified individual for a position as a Naval Architect. You will be based in Canberra Australia.
- Works independently (with direct supervision) or on project teams.
- Performs calculations applying naval architecture principles, techniques, procedures and criteria in the areas of:
- Weight Estimates
- Topside Integration
- Intact / Damage Stability
- Develops analyses in area of specialization and prepares technical reports or other engineering documentation.
- Interacts with clients at a peer level.
- Task Manager responsible for technical and programmatic execution of small tasking using an interdisciplinary team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Naval Architecture or other applicable discipline from an accredited university AND;
- Experience with U.S. Naval Surface Combatant design.
- 8 or more years of professional engineering experience.
- Proficiency in using industry-standard naval architecture software tools such as: GHS, SHCP, AutoCAD, MS-Office.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.